Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Our New Addition

This story starts with the unfortunate passing of my first dog Barkley. We had to put him down in February due to congestive heart failure. Putting him down was much harder than I thought it would be and I think the kids took the news better than I did. Over the next few months our other Chihuahua Sadie became more and more lonely and we knew it was time to get another puppy (it was never a question of if we would get another one, but when....at least for me).

So this particular day starts with me looking online at puppies over breakfast (I had been looking for a few weeks), and finding an adorable female listed in Tacoma. Wade agreed to go with me to "look" at her...although he knows me well enough to know we would most likely be coming home with her. So she ended up fitting our criteria (friendly, dark haired, female and small) and we came home with her that afternoon.

There is only one twist to this agreement Wade and I have...I can have always have dogs if he can name them. So, her name is Bangor...don't ask me, you will have to ask Wade. Besides the name, she is pretty darn cute!



She is the perfect playmate for Sadie and all she wants to do is cuddle and sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment