We had our big annual 4th of July celebration and it turned out great...and with no rain this year. It is amazing what a year and about 25 degrees can do for a different celebration.
We started the day with the kid parade and carnival. It was in the morning, but it was already so nice and sunny out. We met up with our neighbors Julie, Joel and their daughter Addison. The girls had a great time in the parade, playing in the bouncy toys and their favorite - eating cotton candy.

The parade is made up of all of the kids and parents with decorated bikes, wagons, trikes, pets...basically anything you can dress up for 4th of July is included.

Julie, Joel, Addison and soon to be baby Zachary (born beginning of August)
After lunch we got the girls cotton candy, Addison had never had it and wasn't sure she even wanted to try it at first....

Once she realized the cotton candy was pretty much pure sugar she couldn't get enough!

Train ride at the carnival

This was the stash this year of fireworks - basically toys for grown men to enjoy, Wade being the main offender.
This year we had a guy come and BBQ for the neighborhood so we didn't have to bother with the cooking and it was awesome! We all were able to sit, enjoy the weather, visit with great friends and wait for the fun to begin.

Becky, JJ, Cole and Presley came again this year...we always have a great time with them.

10 weeks apart - I am 24 weeks here and she is 34 weeks. Right about now I wish the roles were reversed since Julie is done being pregnant....I guess I only have a few more weeks to go.

The night ended the same as last year with a big bonfire in the middle of the cul de sac. This year we did upgrade to a firepit so it wasn't directly on the pavement....although somehow we still added a couple new holes to it. I don't have any pictures this year of the fire, I was lame and went to bed early since I was wiped and had to be up early the next day for work. Here's to another year with our awesome neighbors and the fun get togethers we have with them.


No comments:
Post a Comment