Monday, July 25, 2011

The Big Apple

I had a work meeting in Hartford CT the first part of June, so taking advantage of our frequent flyer miles Wade flew to meet me and we drove to NYC for the weekend. Even though Wade's corporate office is in NJ, we hadn't made it back together since he proposed two and a half years ago. I would say we didn't have a typical NYC experience, we kept it very low key and just had a nice slow-paced weekend. We did a lot of walking, a little shopping and eating at some awesome restaurants.

We made it back to the restaurant in Little Italy that we went to the night before he proposed...the food was just as good as we remembered. We then spent the next hour walking off the food, but added a little gelato at the end of the night. For some reason we ended up eating Italian every night we were there....maybe we are just missing Italy and should plan a trip there again soon!
I was craving hot dogs and really wanted a Gray's Papaya hot dog. We ended up having to take the subway to find one, but they were good and really cheap.
Our last day we spent at central park. We had a snack outside the boathouse in Central Park...it is where we ate brunch before he proposed on the pond. We then walked for a couple of hours around the park and ended up falling sleep for an hour in the sun on one of the greens. Such a relaxing awesome day! I really have to say I enjoyed being low-key in NYC and just enjoying each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment